Thursday, November 24, 2011

It's time to eat the Turkey.

 The fam decided to take it easy this Thanksgiving, on account of the Pappas Christmas Extravaganza that is quickly approaching. Popou was basically like, "Make a reservation, kid. I take us all out." So that's what we did, at the Public House:



A restaurant that's just about as old as Thanksgiving.


We got there an hour after our reservation time, in true Pappas style. Popou was like, "The service is terrible." and dad was like, "It's a buffet." 

Earlier while Pop and Phil watched the Lions get massacred, Nanc and I went to see the new Muppet Movie. No big deal...


No big fucking deal.

Nanc gave away my giant stuffed Kermit to someone in need, and i was like, "Really? Who could be more in need of a giant stuffed Kermit then me?" He's only been my role model since we first laid eyes on each other: age 3. Laugh if you want, but i just love him. I mean who can sing all the songs from the muppet babies? Who watched the Muppet Show repeats everyday after school? Who sings along to the songs in proper muppet voices?? Huh?? (Ok, the last one was a little creepy, but you get my point.) Me, though now that i think about it it's probably for the best because i would never have gotten ride of him, and a 28 year old woman probably shouldn't have a stuffed Kermit in her bedroom. But don't worry, me and Kermit will be friends forever. Anyway, aNYway...

 Go see this movie, but first watch the original Muppet Movie, cause there are some pretty good running jokes. I mean it was pretty alright, not really any songs you came home singing, but way better then the last few shitty ones they've been trying to dump on us. I think not making a Muppet movie would have been better then Muppet Treasure Island. I know he didn't see it, but it totally warrants a Phil Pappas thumbs up.


He almost looks like a muppet in this picture. But anyway, a Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to all a good night.

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to get Scotty to see this movie with me, but he won't! I think Muppet Treasure Island ruined him forever, even though I keep telling him to think of how amazingly awesome Muppets from Space was. He's bad at remembering good things. Muuuuuuuppet Baaaabies, we make our dreams cooome truuuuuuuuue. Muuuuuuppet Baaaabies we'll doooo the saaaame for yoooooou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to get Scotty to see this movie with me, but he won't! I think Muppet Treasure Island ruined him forever, even though I keep telling him to think of how amazingly awesome Muppets from Space was. He's bad at remembering good things. Muuuuuuuppet Baaaabies, we make our dreams cooome truuuuuuuuue. Muuuuuuppet Baaaabies we'll doooo the saaaame for yoooooou!

    ReplyDelete